Sunday, May 11, 2014


Bee Blocks.  I was able to join a circle of do.good.stitches this past month and as luck would have it, April was my month as quilter!   I had two weeks to come up with a quilt idea, make my blocks, and post instructions.  No pressure there!   I spent a lot of time reviewing my favorites on flickr and pinterest and finally landed on the scrappy granny square.  This was the perfect opportunity to test out a block I'd admired for so long!


I followed the tutorial at Blue Elephant Stitches, but made a few modifications:  I used 3" squares for the colored "rings" and 3" x 3 3/4" rectangles for the border.  This yielded a block that finished just under 11 1/2" with wiggle room for trimming.  

I just received the last of the blocks from my bee mates last week and need to get started on the quilt top soon!

But first, I stitched up my May blocks.  Scrappy plusses in aqua.  I might have gotten a little carried away.  I have four to send away and a few more on my sewing table to keep for myself and add to my list of wips!

No comments:

Post a Comment